Chestnut Macaron Recipe
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes and 30 minutes for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 250 g (9 oz) chestnut puree
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (you may use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract as
- 4 to 6 tablespoons crushed, cooked chestnuts
- 1 cup chilled unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons additional unsalted butter
- Set the electric mixer to a high speed.
- Beat the chestnut puree, crushed chestnuts and whiskey or
vanilla in an electric mixer.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and stir in to the mixer.
- Beat well until perfectly blended.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.