Chocolate Coconut Macaron Recipe
Chocolate Coconut Macarons is rated
based on 25 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 100g (3.5oz) of dark chocolate
- 50ml (1.5 fl oz) of coconut milk
- 30g (1 oz) of grated coconut
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the ganache by mixing the chocolate with coconut
milk in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add the grated coconut in the mixture and allow cooling at room
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.