Chocolate Ginger Macaron Recipe
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes and 30 minutes for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Gently mix the chocolate with heavy cream in a saucepan over low
- Stir thoroughly until the chocolate is melted.
- Allow to cool for few minutes
- Stir in the candied ginger and the butter.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before piping.
- For the decoration, place a small amount of ginger on the half
macaron shell (top shell).
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.