Chocolate Orange Macaron Recipe
Chocolate Orange Macarons is rated
based on 1 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes and 30 minutes for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/3 cups of heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons candied orange peel cut in very small pieces or 1
teaspoon orange extract
- zest of one orange
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the ganache
- Gently mix the chocolate and the heavy cream in a
saucepan over low heat.
- Stir thoroughly until chocolate is melted.
- Allow to cool for few minutes.
- Add the orange peel or zest and stir.
- Stir in the butter.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool for 30
minutes before piping.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.