Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaron Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons is rated
based on 1 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes and 30 minutes for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 jar of creamy peanut butter
- Mix the chocolate, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan over low
- Stir thoroughly until the ingredients are blended well.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, allow to cool for few minutes.
- Add the butter.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool for 30 minutes
- Fill one pastry bag with chocolate garnache, and fill another
pastry bag with peanut butter.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache into half of macaron shell.
- Pipe the peanut butter into the other half.
- Put the pair together and twists.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.