Coffee Macaron Recipe
Coffee Macarons is rated
based on 64 votes.
Makes 15 to 20 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of brown food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For coffee cream:
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of Luke warm milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 20g (¾ oz) of castor egg
- 12g (0.42oz) of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of coffee extract
- Do the macaron shell based on the
basic macaron recipe.
- Mix the coffee cream, corn flour and castor sugar in a bowl.
- Beat and add the egg yolk and stir in the luke warm.
- Put the mixture in the saucepan and cook it in about 5 minutes.
it constantly until it became
thickens. Then add the coffee extract.
- Pour the cream in the bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it be
cool to room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.