Curacao Macaron Recipe
Curacao Macarons is rated
based on 15 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of blue food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For curacao cream:
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of warm milk
- 1 egg yolk 20g (ľoz)
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour
- 21 teaspoons castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Curacao liqueur
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the Curacao cream by mixing cornflour
and castor sugar
in a bowl.
- Put the egg yolk afterwards, mix it well and add in the warm milk.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook it under medium heat for 5
- Stir the mixture constantly until it thickens.
- Mix the Curacao liqueur.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Put the cream into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.