Dark Chocolate and Chestnut Macaron Recipe
Dark Chocolate and Chestnut Macarons is rated
based on 28 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 60g (2oz) of chestnut cream
- 60g (2oz) of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe,
- Then start preparing the ganache by melting the chocolate in a saucepan
with the heavy whipping
cream under a low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add the chestnut and allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.
Tip; chestnut creams are available in most delicatessens.
But, you can also made 1 by
adding teaspoon of chestnut puree to 50 g (1 ¾ oz) of whipped cream.
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk