Gooseberry Macaron Recipe
Gooseberry Macarons is rated
based on 2 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of pink food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For gooseberry jam:
- 70g (2oz) of gooseberry juice
- 70g (2oz) of gelling sugar
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then, start preparing the gooseberry jam by mixing
gooseberry juice and gelling sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly and cook it for 5 to 7
minutes on high heat.
- Pour the jam in a jar. Set aside and let it cool.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.