Hazelnut Macaron Recipe
Hazelnut Macarons is rated
based on 19 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
Used the above ingredients to make the
For hazelnut cream:
- 80ml (2.7 fl oz) of warm milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 21 teaspoons of hazelnut flour
- 20g (¾ oz) of softened butter
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe,
- Then start preparing the hazelnut cream by mixing cornflour
and castor sugar
in a bowl.
- Put the eggyolk, beat it vigorously and add the warm milk.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook it under medium heat for 5
- Whisk the mixture constantly until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the hazelnut flour and butter.
- Put the cream into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.