Lime Macaron Recipe
Lime Macarons is rated
based on 17 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of green food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For lime cream:
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of lime juice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour
- 60g (2oz) castor sugar
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the lime cream by mixing the cornflour with the
lime juice gradually.
- Add the castor sugar and beaten egg in the mixture.
- Mix it properly. Put the mixture in the saucepan and cook it on medium
heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir it constantly until cream thickens.
- Place the cream in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.