Nectarine-apricot Macaron Recipe
Nectarine Apricot Macarons is rated
based on 5 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of orange food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For nectarine-apricot stewed fruit:
- 1 nectarine
- 4 apricots at least 150g (5oz)
- Pinch of powdered cardamom
- 70g (2oz) castor sugar
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then, start preparing the stewed fruit cutting the flesh
of the fruits into small diced pieces.
- Sprinkle some castor sugar in the pan and put the fruits
in it. Warm the pan on medium heat and cook for 15 to 20
minutes. Stir the fruits occasionally.
- If the fruit is cooked but slightly watery, cook it
again uncovered while stirring.
- Remove from heat and put some cardamom.
- Set aside and let it cool.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.