Orange and Poppy Seed Macaron Recipe
Orange and Poppy Seed Macarons is rated
based on 8 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of orange food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For orange cream:
- 1 egg
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of orange juice
- 70g (2oz) castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons (1/3 oz) of cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seed
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the orange cream by mixing
cornflour and castor sugar in a
bowl diluted with the orange juice.
- Put the beaten egg afterwards and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook it under medium
heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture constantly until it thickens.
- Mix the poppy seeds.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Put the cream into a bowl and cover it with plastic
- Allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.