Passionfruit-basil Macaron Recipe
Passionfruit Basil Macarons is rated
based on 8 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of green-yellow food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For fruit-basil cream:
- 100g (3.5oz) of dark chocolate
- ½ Tonka bean (can be found in specialty baking stores,
alternatively, substitute ½ teaspoon of vanilla and ¼ teaspoon
of almond extracts)
- 50ml (2fl.oz) of heavy whipping cream
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then, start preparing the ganache by melting chocolate
with cream in a saucepan under low heat.
- Mix grated ½ tonka bean and and let it cool in room
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.