Raspberry Macaron Recipe
Raspberry Macarons is rated
based on 54 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of pink food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For raspberry cream:
- 160g (2oz) of raspberries
- 21 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the raspberry cream by mixing the
raspberries with castor sugar and cornflour.
- Filter the mixture using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture in a saucepan and cook for 5
minutes on low heat.
- Whisk it constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Place it a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside
and let it cool.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.