Salted Butter Caramel Macaron Recipe
Salted Butter Caramel Macarons is rated
based on 20 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixtur
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of yellow food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For salted butter caramel:
- 60g (2oz) castor sugar
of low-salt butter
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of heavy whipping cream
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the salted butter caramel by
heating the castor sugar in a stainless steel saucepan on a
- Cook it without stirring until the castor sugar is
melted and caramelized.
- Gradually add the low-salt butter and the cream.
- Stir it vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Once the mixture is smooth, keep cooking for about 5
- Then remove from heat.
- Put the caramel into a bowl and let
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.