Tomato Vanilla Macaron Recipe
Tomato Vanilla Macarons is rated
based on 7 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes and 1 hour for the mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of red food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
- 200g (7oz) of ripened tomatoes
- 60g (2oz) of gelling sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the jam by boiling the tomatoes for
1 minute and then dip them in a bowl of cold water
- Peel the tomatoes and cut it into pieces.
- Pour the tomatoes in a saucepan, add gelling sugar and
bring to boil.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring it constantly on high
- Remove from heat and add seed of vanilla pod.
- Set aside and let it cool.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.