Vanilla Macaron Recipe
Vanilla Macarons is rated
based on 86 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
Used the above ingredients to make the
For vanilla cream:
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of warm milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 21 teaspoons castor sugar
- 12g (0.42) of corn flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe without adding the food coloring.
- Then start preparing the vanilla cream by mixing
cornflour and castor sugar in a
- Put the egg yolk afterwards, mix it well and add in the
- Add the split and scraped vanilla pod.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook it under medium
heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Put the cream into a bowl and cover it with plastic
- Allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.
Macaron Tip: these macrons will taste even better
when served 12 to 24 hours after being made.
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk